Ultrasounds are safe, non-invasive test used to:
- Confirm pregnancy and location
- Determine the baby’s growth, age and sex
- Monitor cervical length for preterm labor
- Identifiy possible fetal abnormalities
- Determine the placement of the Placenta and its development
- Blood flow Doppler studies
- Monitor the fetus with a biophysical profile and fetal heart monitor
Ultrasounds are typically done:
- First Trimester — To date the pregnancy, if needed
- Second Trimester — Fetal Anatomic Screening at 18 to 20 weeks of pregnancy
- Third Trimester — An ultrasound may be needed for growth, anatomy, amniotic fluid level or cervical length, to monitor preterm labor
We are an AIUM-Certified practice.
Associates in Obstetrics & Gynecology is AIUM certified which means our practice has demonstrated competency in every aspect of our operation, including:
- Personnel Education, Training, and Experience
- Document Storage and Record Keeping
- Policies and Procedures Safeguarding Patients, Ultrasound Personnel, and Equipment
- Quality Assurance
- Case Studies
Receiving the AIUM Certificate is not just a one-time accomplishment. Our practice goes through a thorough assessment every 3 years to ensure that our providers, staff, technology, and equipment meets and exceeds the standards set by AIUM. If you are pregnant or planning of becoming pregnant, know that you are in competent care in a clean and up-to-date environment at Associates in Obstetrics & Gynecology of Colorado Springs.
*Most insurances, however, only cover the second trimester ultrasound.